Medical Malpractice: When You or a Loved One Suffers Serious Injury From a Doctor's Mistake
Doctors perform a valuable service and most of them are extraordinarily good at what they do. However, when doctors make mistakes that could have been avoided, they breach the standard of medical care and can cause serious harm or death to their patients. If you have questions about an injury that occurred in an emergency room, doctor's office, hospital, delivery room or from a prescription drug reaction, it is important to speak to a lawyer who is experienced in handling medical malpractice lawsuits.
Call 219-440-7550, or contact an experienced medical malpractice attorney by secure e-mail. We offer free initial consultations.
An experienced medical malpractice attorney can help you understand whether there is a legal basis to file a medical malpractice claim against a medical professional. At the law office of Westland & Bennett P.C., we have decades of experience representing clients who have suffered grievous injury, including birth injury, because of the mistake of a doctor, nurse, surgeon, obstetrician, neonatal specialist, midwife, anesthesiologist or medical professional. We also handle wrongful death claims arising from medical negligence.
We want to hear the story of what happened. We can answer your questions, explain the law to you, request copies of the medical records in question, review the medical records or have our medical consultant look at them and determine whether we believe that you have reason to file a medical malpractice claim against your medical professional. Should we work with you on a case, we will vigorously, skill-fully and thoroughly pursue justice on your behalf.
We represent clients who have suffered injury from:
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis of a serious medical condition
- Negligent drug prescription
- Emergency room mistakes
- Surgery mistakes, including failure to remove a sponge or surgical instruments
- Failing to provide the patient with sufficient information to provide an informed consent for the medical procedure
- Other types of hospital negligence and nurse errors
Our firm places a special emphasis in representing birth-injured children and their families. For instance, we have represented cases that involve:
- Failure to perform a timely C-section, causing brain damage to the baby
- Failure to diagnose and properly treat a case of herpes in the mother, which caused harm to the baby
- Failure to monitor the baby when the baby or the mother were in distress, resulting in birth injury
- Failure to pay attention to signs of shoulder dystocia, leading to permanent injury in the Baby
We Are Here to Serve Your Legal Needs - Lake County, Northwest Indiana Medical Malpractice Lawyers
To discuss your concerns in a confidential meeting with one of our skilled medical malpractice and personal injury attorneys, please call the firm at 219-440-7550, or contact us by secure e-mail. All personal injury, medical malpractice and workers' compensation cases are represented on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you pay no attorneys fees until we win.